High quality UV water clarifier with unique specification & design for optimum efficiency. For use in conjunction with Yamitsu Filter Box
- Fit onto the Yamitsu Pond Filter Range for algae control.
- Top quality Yamitsu UV Clarifiers.
- Large inlet & exhaust ports for best possible flow rates.
- Made from UV stabilised materials for a longer life.
- 1 year Manufacturers guarantee.
- The UV lamp is easily attached via included hose tail to the Yamitsu Filter Box inlet as the first element that the pond water passes through.
Choosing to add an ultraviolet lamp to your pond filter box is a great way of
keeping your water clear when the problem is single celled green algae. Single
celled green algae give your pond that pea soup colour making it look
unattractive and difficult to see your fish.
The Yamitsu Algae Master UV will control the growth of pond algae by sterilizing the water as it passes through the UV lamp by causing the algae to flocculate together on exposure to the ultraviolet light. This algae is then captured by the mechanical element of your filter media.
It is important to size the lamp properly, so that the optimum flow rate can be achieved.
What UV lamp do I need?
|Filter Box||UV lamp (Watts)|
|Four Stage Standard Mega||11W|
|Six Stage Large Mega||15W|
|Six Stage XL Mega||25W|
|Six Stage Max Mega||30W|
UV lights do not last indefinitely. After 6 months you will notice that efficiency and water clarity will have reduced. Although the lamp may look like it is working and continues to glow, after this time the ultraviolet light output will have reduced significantly.