shelf life of 3 years
Removes green water from ponds with exterior filter systems to give crystal clear water.
Note: This product is only to be used in conjunction with an external filter box.
Alt: If your pond does not have Pond filter then use
Hydra Pond Clear Plus
Try Before You Buy - Click Here
- Hydra Crystal Very rapidly removes green and cloudy water
- Mineral base powder is 100% biodegradable
- Maintains clear, healthy, clean water in your koi, goldfish, garden or farm pond
- Controls and prevents green water and cloudy water for extended periods
- Does not affect biological filters or pumps
- Safe on concrete and synthetic liners
- Hydra Crystal is harmless to all fish, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, humans, mammals, animals and aquatic plants.
- Once applied Hydra Crystal immediately starts to charge individual algae cells so that they clump together. Once they are clumped together, they can be picked up and removed by your filtration system.
Your water should start to clear within a few hours with full results by 7 days.
- Simply make into a slurry using tap water and pour into your pond.
- UV lights and pumps should be left on during the treatment to ensure adequate aeration during the treatment.
- Ensure that you have cleaned mechanical filters before starting treatment and keep them clean during the treatment.
- Very heavy green water may require two applications.
Full usage instructions are on label.
When the spring sunshine comes it brings with it the potential to turn your clear, clean pond water into a green blot on your landscape. The build up of nutrients over the winter months and the warming of the water, create the perfect breeding ground for microscopic green algae. Green algae can be unsightly and greatly reduce visibility in your pond. Hydra Crystal Removes the green water by causing it to flocculate and fall to the bottom of your pond where it can be picked up by your filter system.
In order to avoid excess nutrients from forming and causing algae growth in your pond we recommend using bacteria such as Bio Aquatic Boost to help keep the right balance and prevent the build up from reoccurring.
Hydra Crystal can be used in ponds with good filtration. It is harmless to aquatic life and is the perfect way to keep your water crystal clear without harming the environment. For use in large bodies of water and lakes, Hydra Crystal comes in more economical sizes as Hydra Rapide.
What is Hydra Crystal?
Hydra Crystal is a mineral-based pond cleaning powder that immediately clarifies green pond water.
Is Hydra Crystal pond cleaning powder safe to use
with fish and wildlife?
Hydra Crystal is harmless to fish and wildlife. It rapidly flocculates, removes pond algae and clears green water. Your pets are safe even if they drink from the water treated with Hydra Crystal.
How long does it take for this pond cleaning powder
Within 30 minutes, visible results of clearing will be seen in your water. However, a large body of water will take about 24 hours to clear. The mineral structure of Hydra Crystal will sink to the bottom where your filtration system will remove it. If no filter is present, use Hydra Pond Clear Plus (instead of Hydra Crystal), the algae will float to the surface where it can be skimmed off.
Why did my water turn brown when I added Hydra
Crystal pond cleaning powder?
When you add Hydra Crystal pond cleaning powder to your water, the water goes brown initially. This is due to the minerals in the product absorbing the algae. This will clear once all the algae have been absorbed.
Can I use water treated with Hydra Crystal for
It is safe to use this water on plants and grass. There is no waiting time before using the water.
Whilst Hydra Crystal is a very safe pond cleaning product we would not recommend overdosing as you would be wasting your money. However, we have tested it at 1:4,000, pond cleaning powder to water ratio, and found that it was still safe to aquatic life. Once the water is clear there is no need to re-dose unless you are using the maintenance program.