Features & Advantages
- Proven disinfectant to eliminate bacteria, virus, fungi, yeasts and spores.
- Hydra Chloramine-T is non-carcinogenic, non-cytotoxic and non-mutagenic.
- Dissolves quickly in water with fast and optimum agent concentration.
- Dependable preventive treatment method to cancel out resistance organisms.
- Completely biodegradable. Disappears within a few weeks.
- Safer alternative to chlorine tablets or liquid bleach.
- Safe to use on most materials.
Chloramine-T is widely used by pond keepers and aquaculture industry for treating pond surfaces i.e. ponds without water, liners, equipment and nets. Hydra Chloramine-T, available as 100% concentrated powder, is an effective aquatic disinfectant. Dilute Chloramine-T either with tap water or pond/lake water.
How to Use:
NB: ALL DILUTION LISTED BELOW ARE FOR DISINFECTING SURFACES WHEN NO FISH ARE PRESENT. IF USING AS A FISH MEDICINE DO NOT USE AT THESE DILUTIONS, BUT SEE www.chloraminet.org.
For General Disinfecting all Porous and Non Porous Surfaces:
Standard use at 0.1% (1,000ppm) solution: 1 gm / L
Routine use at 0.5% (5,000ppm) solution: 5 gm / L
Rapid use at 2% (20,000ppm) solution: 20 gm / L
For Aquaculture Bio Security – Surfaces including Tanks, nets etc.
Use at 0.1% (1,000ppm) solution – 1 gm / L
- Fish Viruses on Surfaces: Hydra Chloramine-T is extensively used as fish disease treatment on aquatic surfaces. It successfully controls Koi Herpes Virus (KHV) and Gyrodactylus salaris on surfaces at the application rate of 0.1% solution.
- Disinfecting Equipment: For many years now aquaculture industries and ornamental fish keepers have been using Hydra Chloramine-T. The product is especially useful for disinfecting all angling equipment prior to as well as after fishing.
- Disinfecting Nets: It is important to disinfect all angler equipment both at the time of arrival at the fisheries and departure to prevent transfer of diseases. All raceways, tank or holding facility on fish farms and aquatic centers should use their own nets, it is important to disinfect these nets. The nets are kept soaked continuously in 0.1% solution of Hydra Chloramine T for effective disinfection. Renew solution weekly.