Features & Advantages
- Benzalkonium Chloride Disinfectant effective against Koi Herpes Virus (KHV).
- Prevents infections and cross infections.
- Easy application through soak tanks, mopping or spraying.
- May by used on any non-porous or porous surface.
- Single easy application effectively removes deadly viruses and micro-organisms.
How To Use
NB: DILUTION BELOW ARE FOR DISINFECTING SURFACES WHEN NO FISH ARE PRESENT. NOT TO BE USED AS A FISH MEDICINE.
Dilution rate: 1: 400
Either hot or cold may be used for dilution. Above dilution rate gives a 250 ppm benzalkonium chloride solution.
- Use the solution as spray on the surface you wish to disinfect. Rinse the surface using clean water afterwards.
- Mop the surface with the Hydra Quat solution. Follow by rinsing with clean water,
- Immerse the equipment/articles to be disinfected in the soak tank with Hydra Quat solution. Keep dipped for 15 minutes and rinse with clean water after taking out from the solution.
- Change Quat solution weekly or sooner if solution becomes grossly contaminated
- To make large amount of the Hydra Quat solution, add Hydra Quat to water (not other way round) to prevent foaming.
Hydra Quat is an effective Benzalkonium Chloride Disinfectant for koi treatment and pond fish diseases. Koi Herpes Virus is a killer carp disease. No effective treatment is available to cure the fish of this deadly disease.
Always use disinfectant to keep the equipment sanitised and prevent the outbreak of fish diseases.
Various angling clubs, fish farms, commercial fisheries and fishing clubs use Hydra Quat for disinfecting nets and equipment.