Features & Advantages
- Hydra Quartz granules are easy to apply and can broadcast or sprinkled directly over pond blanketweed patch.
- Works on the principle similar to traditional barley straw treatment but gives faster results. No need to deal with smelly, decomposed straw.
- This enzyme and bacterial action helps to prevent re-infestation of the blanket weed.
- No need to switch off the UV lights.
- Biological filters and pumps remain unaffected during treatment.
- Natural and eco-friendly components of Hydra Quartz pose no danger to aquatic life including fish and water plants. Safe with pets, birds and visiting animal that may drink treated water.
- No harmful effect on concrete surfaces or synthetic liners.
- No effect on the pH level of the water.
- It is the best garden pond blanket weed solution to cure blanket weed.
How does Hydra Quartz Work and How to Use:
- Use Hydra Quartz, blanket weed cure with the first appearance of blanket weed.
- Broadcast over the affected area.
- Product may foam upon application, this is normal.
- Ponds with fish should treat half of water surface at a time to give fish space to swim away from the dying blanket weed.
- Hydra Quartz granules act instantly on the weed, which die off completely usually within 2-3 days after that remove the dead blanket weed from the pond.
- Dead blanket weed, if not removed decomposes and will drop down to the bottom.
- Waterfalls should be turned off before treatment. Apply Hydra Quartz on the ledges and leave for 30 minutes, brush over the surface. Running the waterfall after treatment washes away the weed. Treat the pond thereafter.
- Special formulation of Hydra Quartz keeps the blanket weed control for long intervals; however spores may easily travel back into the water body through wind, birds and new addition of water plants. Re-apply Hydra Quartz with the first sign of infestation.
- Apply the product in full strength if re-growth is seen.
Blanket weed is a widespread nuisance for most pond keepers. Characteristically blanket weed spreads in the form of long filaments and quickly covers the water surface with a woven filamentous growth.
Blanket weed grows fast under sunshine, especially in ornamental ponds with fish. Pond keepers over feed the fish causing additional nutrients (nitrates and ammonia) to leach into the ponds in the form of uneaten fish food and excessive fish excrement. If left unchecked, blanket weed may cause severe oxygen depletion in a water body along with creating stress for the larger fish by hindering their movement.
Pond keepers sometimes pull out the live blanket weed manually; this results in shedding of numerous spores within the water. The spores eventually grow and blanket weed returns in rather severe form covering even larger water surface.
Hydra Quartz is proven as a highly effective treatment to get rid of blanketweed. Product constituents include natural minerals and sequestrates. Hydra Quartz starves the blanket weed by absorbing the nutrients on which the weed survives. The growth dies off normally within two to three days, after which it could be safely removed without the risk of releasing spores into the water.
Hydra Quartz is completely biodegradable and does not remain in the water for long but reverts to oxygen and water within 48 hours.
What is Blanket weed?
The term blanket weed is used to describe various strains of filamentous algae. Blanket weed may appear in a pond as fine wispy hair like growth on the sides of the ponds. Blanket weed may infest the pond as thick and candy floss looking mass floating freely on the water surface or choking the water plants. Similar to green water causing algae, blanket weed also spreads quickly in sun exposed ponds with nutrient rich water. Blanket weed are unsightly and may choke plants and fish.